“Suffering is not negotiable, sweetheart,” is a paraphrase of something Mother Angelica said. She stated, ” Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it’s a requirement.”
And yet, we hate to suffer. I know I do.
However, suffering will come and when it does come, God will give us the grace to handle it.
In this Episode
- We all will suffer. To get to heaven, we must suffer.
- Even if you feel weak, God will give you the grace and strength to handle your suffering.
- God sends us suffering because he loves us.
- Suffering unites us with Christ and his goals.
- What my experience with the events of 9/11 says about my desire to suffer.
- What being robbed at gunpoint tells me about my desire to suffer.
Some Helpful Resources
- 27 Quotes on the Cross to Encourage You When Life Gets Hard
- 10 Saints Quotes on Suffering
- Abandonment to Divine Providence
- Consoling Thoughts on Trials of an Interior Life by St Francis de Sales
- Consoling Thoughts on Sickness & Death by St Francis de Sales
Joy in Suffering
- Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness
- The Life of St Gemma Galgani
Please Subscribe & Review On Itunes!
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!
You can also find us on Stitcher and other podcast streaming services.
- Sowing Seeds – Why Both Soil Health & Soul Health Matter - March 26, 2021
- The Equality Act is a Trojan Horse for Christian Persecution - March 2, 2021
- Ep. 18 – When Does Overeating Become Gluttony? - June 12, 2020