A straight shooter is someone who is honest and forthright.
It’s so easy to take pride in being a “straight shooter”.
You see, straight shooters don’t sugarcoat. They “keep it real”.
However, there’s that pesky little thing called charity isn’t there?
Even straight shooters have to be charitable, or else all effort is for naught.
In this Episode
- How to tell if you’re a straight shooter or if you’re not.
- The pros and cons of being a straight shooter.
- What do the Saints say about being charitable?
- How to be charitable during debates by being curious.
- The “Feel, Felt, Found” technique.
- Never call an idea or the person “stupid”.
- How to use stories to tell the truth, charitably.
Saint Quotes Used In This Podcast
- We must not mind insulting men, if by respecting them we offend God. — St. John Chrysostom.
- “In the evening of life we will be judged on love alone”. ~St John of the Cross.
- “It is by the path of love, which is charity, that God draws near to man, and man to God. But where charity is not found, God cannot dwell. If, then, we possess charity, we possess God, for ‘God is Charity’ (1 John 4:8).” ~St. Albert the Great.
- “The fruits of charity are joy, peace, and mercy; charity demands beneficence and fraternal correction; it is benevolence; it fosters reciprocity and remains disinterested and generous; it is friendship and communion: Love is itself the fulfillment of all our works. There is the goal; that is why we run: we run toward it, and once we reach it, in it we shall find rest.” ~St Augustine.
- ” Now the Apostle, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, says, “Knowledge inflates: but love edifies.” The only correct inerpretation of this saying is that knowledge is valuable when charity informs it. Without charity, knowledge inflates; that is, it exalts man to an arrogance which is nothing but a kind of windy emptiness.” ~St Augustine.
- ” “Cook the truth in charity until it tastes sweet.” ~St Francis de Sales.
Please Subscribe & Review On Itunes!
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!
You can also find us on Stitcher and other podcast streaming services.
- Sowing Seeds – Why Both Soil Health & Soul Health Matter - March 26, 2021
- The Equality Act is a Trojan Horse for Christian Persecution - March 2, 2021
- Ep. 18 – When Does Overeating Become Gluttony? - June 12, 2020