Sanguines are the life of the party.
They are extroverted, with a lot of friends, are optimistic, scatter-brained, and do not hold grudges.
A sanguine soul must cultivate a love of meditation, so that they can focus on spiritual instead of temporal things.
Today, we take a look at the sanguine section of Rev. Conrad Hock’s the Four Temperaments, as we study the sanguine’s path to holiness.
In this Episode
- A sanguine must reflect on spiritual things.
- Instead of “winging” it, a sanguine must learn to plan for all possibilities.
- He must practice mortification of the senses.
- He must look for good influences and accept direction and counsel.
- Spiritual aridity purifies him.
- He must struggle against his bad traits, such as vanity, love of friendships, jealousy, levity and superficiality
Mentioned in this Episode
- The Four Temperaments by Rev Conrad Hock.
- The Temperament that God Gave You
- Four Temperaments Test
- Fire Within: Teresa of Avila, John of the Cross and the Gospel – On Prayer
If you purchase anything through the links on this site, beautysoancient.com may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting beautysoancient.com!
Check out this YouTube on the Melancholic Temperament
Subscribe Through Itunes!
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!