Sanguines are the life of the party.
They are extroverted, with a lot of friends, are optimistic, scatter-brained, and do not hold grudges.
A sanguine soul must cultivate a love of meditation, so that they can focus on spiritual instead of temporal things.
Today, we take a look at the sanguine section of Rev. Conrad Hock’s the Four Temperaments, as we study the sanguine’s path to holiness.
In this Episode
- A sanguine must reflect on spiritual things.
- Instead of “winging” it, a sanguine must learn to plan for all possibilities.
- He must practice mortification of the senses.
- He must look for good influences and accept direction and counsel.
- Spiritual aridity purifies him.
- He must struggle against his bad traits, such as vanity, love of friendships, jealousy, levity and superficiality
Mentioned in this Episode
- The Four Temperaments by Rev Conrad Hock.
- The Temperament that God Gave You
- Four Temperaments Test
- Fire Within: Teresa of Avila, John of the Cross and the Gospel – On Prayer
If you purchase anything through the links on this site, beautysoancient.com may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting beautysoancient.com!
Check out this YouTube on the Melancholic Temperament
Subscribe Through Itunes!
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!
- 45:What To Do If Your Husband Doesn’t Lead Spiritually – 8 Tips - January 20, 2022
- 43:3 Ways We Are Culpable For The Mess We’re In - January 17, 2022
- Ep. 27 – 4 Reasons Why I Only Wear Skirts and Dresses – It Changed My Life! - January 14, 2022