Recently during the Amazonian Synod, 5 statues of the the Pachamama idol, the earth mother goddess, revered by the Amazonian people, were placed in a chapel of the Carmelite Church of Santa Maria in Transportina, Rome.
On October 21, these statues were taken by a couple of faithful Catholics and thrown into the Tiber River.
This action was received with great joy by many Catholics, and statements of condemnation from the Vatican and Pope Francis.
What are we to make of this event?
How about us? Do we have any Pachamamas in our lives?
In this Episode
- What is a Pachamama?
- Was it wrong for the men to take the Pachamama and throw them in the Tiber river?
- The danger of mixing indigenous religions with Catholicism.
- A case study of “mixing it up” in Haiti.
- What are the Pachamamas in our lives?
Mentioned in this Podcast
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!
- 45:What To Do If Your Husband Doesn’t Lead Spiritually – 8 Tips - January 20, 2022
- Ep. 43.3 Ways We Are Culpable For The Mess We’re In - January 17, 2022
- Ep. 27 – 4 Reasons Why I Only Wear Skirts and Dresses – It Changed My Life! - January 14, 2022