Someone with a melancholic temperament has a great attraction to the interior life, which is a great benefit.
They are reserved, are hard on themselves and others and tend to be distrusting and pessimistic.
A melancholic soul who abandons himself to the interior life and the Crucified Christ can make great strides in the interior life.
Today, we take a look at the melancholic saection of Rev. Conrad Hock’s the Four Temperaments, as we study the melancholic’s path to holiness.
In this Episode
- A melancholic must cultivate a great love for God and a love of Suffering.
- During attacks of melancholy, he should remind himself that things are not as bad as he imagines.
- He must resist every spirit of aversion, diffidence, discouragement or despondency.
- He must keep himself busy.
- A choleric’s path to holiness involves humiliating himself voluntarily.
- He must cultivate the good characteristics of his temperament and continually struggle against the weaknesses
Mentioned in this Episode
- The Four Temperaments by Rev Conrad Hock.
- The Temperament that God Gave You
- Four Temperaments Test
- 10 Saints Quotes on Suffering
- 27 Quotes on the Cross to Encourage You When Life Gets Hard
If you purchase anything through the links on this site, beautysoancient.com may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting beautysoancient.com!
Want to dive in deeper into your melancholic temperament and your path to holiness? Sign up for this free three-day email course.
Check out this YouTube on the Melancholic Temperament
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!
- 45:What To Do If Your Husband Doesn’t Lead Spiritually – 8 Tips - January 20, 2022
- Ep. 43.3 Ways We Are Culpable For The Mess We’re In - January 17, 2022
- Ep. 27 – 4 Reasons Why I Only Wear Skirts and Dresses – It Changed My Life! - January 14, 2022