We are called to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. “In the evening of life, we shall be judged by love alone”, says St John of the Cross. But does love of neighbor mean open borders?
The illegal immigration issue is a difficult one. Today we take a look at the viewpoints of those who support illegal immigration and those who don’t. What are we obligated to believe as Catholics?
In this Episode
- The Three Basic Principles of Catholic Social Teaching on Immigration.
- What is the “common good” and who does it apply to?
- Does a nation have a right to control its borders?
- The effect of non-assimilation.
- Human trafficking as a consequence of illegal immigration.
- The effect of illegal immigration on American jobs.
- The USCCB’s support for illegal immigration.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Catholic Social Teaching on Immigration and the Movement of Peoples
- The Catholic Case Against Open Borders
- A Nation Has a Right to Control Its Borders
- Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act Of 2000
Please Subscribe & Review On Itunes!
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!
You can also find us on Stitcher and other podcast streaming services.
- 45:What To Do If Your Husband Doesn’t Lead Spiritually – 8 Tips - January 20, 2022
- 43:3 Ways We Are Culpable For The Mess We’re In - January 17, 2022
- Ep. 27 – 4 Reasons Why I Only Wear Skirts and Dresses – It Changed My Life! - January 14, 2022