Is it sinful to refuse the marital debt?
A lot of people hate the term “marital debt” because it sounds so technical and devoid of love. The marriage debt is the mutual obligation that the spouses have, within a valid marriage (natural or supernatural) to have marital relations.
However, we do indeed have a marital debt, as stated in 1 Corinthians 7:3:
Let the husband render the debt to his wife, and the wife also in like manner to the husband.
In this Episode
- What is the marital debt and where does the term come from?
- Why do Christian couples have a marital debt to pay?
- Mayo Clinic reasons for decreased libido.
- Moral theologian licit reasons for refusing the marital debt.
- When is it a sin to refuse the marital debt?
- What you can do when you are not in the mood?
- What if you have a higher libido than your husband?
Mentioned in this Episode
Subscribe & Review On Itunes!
If you absolutely LOVE the podcast, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes or anywhere you stream this podcast! The more wonderful reviews we get, the more people we are able to reach and help. Thanks and God bless!
You can also find us on Stitcher and other podcast streaming services.
- 45:What To Do If Your Husband Doesn’t Lead Spiritually – 8 Tips - January 20, 2022
- 43:3 Ways We Are Culpable For The Mess We’re In - January 17, 2022
- Ep. 27 – 4 Reasons Why I Only Wear Skirts and Dresses – It Changed My Life! - January 14, 2022